Sunday, May 5, 2013

Weekend Happenings

To start out... Here is a picture of Ty and I on Friday morning.  Just a regular old Friday morning before work, right? Wrong-o! We are standing in the snow... in May... in Arkansas. You can't really tell because we were taking the picture of ourselves, but at least it is documented...


Ok, so you can't tell that it is snowing at all, but here is what our front yard looked like...


Of course the snow really wound up all of my kids and made for a rather long day. At what age do people's behaviors stop being affected by weather? I mean, come on! I love my sweet babies, I really, really do!

After work on Friday, Ty and I headed to Branson for a fun weekend with my Nana, Pa, Jerry and Pam (Jerry is Nana's cousin and Pam is his wife - they are so sweet!).  Friday night we all had dinner together and visited until bedtime.  Saturday we spent the day shopping and then saw a magic show last night.  This morning we woke up, had breakfast together and then Ty and I headed back home.  It really was the best weekend full of fun, family and relaxation. 

I didn't take many pictures (we were too busy having fun), but I did take a picture of my new sunglasses that I absolutely love.. leather + aviators = best idea ever.  I got these at the Fossil store on sale and I can tell I will live in these all summer...



When we got home today we relaxed some more, grocery shopped and cooked up a fancy Cinco de Mayo feast.  Weekends like this remind me how blessed I am. Blessed to have a family like mine. They really are the most special thing in the world to me.

I was thinking on the drive home today and it hit me that I am living in the days I used to dream about and hope for. I remember thinking in college that I couldn't wait for Ty and I to be married, in our first home and working a "real" job. I still have to pinch myself periodically to make sure I really am teaching in Bentonville (the best district in the state...yep, I'm proud).  I know that's cheesy but I'm just amazed at all of the blessings I've been given.

Who wants to see this Cinco de Mayo feast? If you don't? Too bad, so sad!


Here's to another week... only 3 more to go!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment