Saturday, March 9, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps

I've been on the hunt for healthy recipes lately that provide the nutritional contents.  I feel like if I can't calculate the nutritional value, it's easy to eat way more calories/fat than you realize.  After browsing the internet and Pinterest, I found a lot of good websites that do exactly what I was looking for.  The magazines Shape and Self both have great tips for eating and working out.  Also, their websites are amazing! Check em' out.

One of my favorite recipes I found is this one!  I modified it a little bit to fit the ingredients we had at home.  It was so delicious and so fresh.  Ty and I both really like lettuce wraps as it is, but this was definitely an awesome combination of tastes!

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps


Here's my version that is slightly tweaked from the original:

3 chicken breasts (or more, depending on how many you're feeding)
1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Sauce 
1 TBS. of Ranch Seasoning
Carrots
Celery
Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Dressing - Ranch
Iceberg lettuce 

Place chicken breasts in crockpot and pour 1 cup of buffalo sauce over the breasts.  Sprinkle the ranch seasoning over breasts and sauce -  cook on low all day.  I started with frozen breasts and mine cooked a good 8 hours or more and weren't dry at all.

After chicken is fully cooked, take out of crock pot and shred.  Place chicken back in crockpot for 30 minutes so the chicken can really absorb the sauce.

Peel pieces of lettuce off the head and chop up some carrots and celery (promise, it makes it so good).  Place chicken, celery, carrots and 1 TBS. yogurt ranch over a piece of lettuce.  You can also add a sprinkle of the 2% shredded cheese (we had a little Italian blend and it was great).  Enjoy!

This will definitely be a staple at our house all summer as it is so light and tasty.  What are your favorite recipes lately?

love, the Blair Abode


No comments:

Post a Comment