Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 3: Ripped in 30

The Workout:

I can't believe I'm already on day three of week three.  It has really gone by fast and I cannot say enough good things about the challenge.  Each week gets SO much harder than the week before.  Week 3 is by far the hardest workout I have ever done.  There are a few places in the workout that I have to stop and make sure my arms/legs aren't falling off.  Week 3 is so hard that at times it just plain makes me mad!  But, I love it and I can tell such a difference in my body with only 2.5 weeks done.  It takes hard work and dedication because you have to do it 6 days a week.  The workout is only 30 minutes but it's high impact and it gets the job done!

The Eating:

I'm following my own meal plan instead of Jillian's.  She has a great one, but a lot of the things I'm eating are similar to her recipes so I just decided to stick to my own.  I did get good ideas for breakfasts/snacks from her plan though. I highly recommend you check out her plan if you're going to start the challenge.

I allow myself one cheat meal a week.  I never cheat at breakfast or lunch because I would SO rather have my cheat meal be a dinner out somewhere on Friday or Saturday.  I will order whatever sounds good on that particular night! Last night was my cheat meal for this week and I got a Banana Fire Burger at Grubs! It was so delicious and yummy! You have to have at least one cheat meal a week.  It's the only way to not burn-out.  At least that's what I think!

The Results So Far:

I haven't taken any pictures in my workout clothes, etc. yet, but when I was shopping yesterday for some spring clothes - I could so tell.  It made me so happy.  When I tried on clothes, I liked the way the clothes looked.  I tried on some dresses/shorts and I liked the way my legs looked.  I've never been a big fan of shorts because I always felt like my legs were so skinny with zero tone.  I'm actually going to like shorts and dresses this year!

I snapped a couple of pictures when trying on spring clothes as a way to document a few progress pictures.  I will take some in my workout clothes when the challenge is over! :)

I never would have liked this dress 2 months ago - it would have been too tight, but if it hadn't been just a bit too short, I would have bought it!  But, I noticed in this picture that I can tell my legs are getting toned.. YAY!

I did buy this wonderful neon blouse and straight-leg white jeans from LOFT.  The blouse is so pretty and bright.  It will be a great work shirt but can also be super fun for the weekend! These jeans are such a good fit.. I love the cuffed look.

I'm dying for this blazer.  It's such a cute spring jacket.  LOFT's blazers are $98.  That was too much for me to spend yesterday, but I SO need it.  Doesn't it look adorbs over the neon blouse?  It'd also be great for me to have when I need to be dressy this spring.  Don't you agree? Does anybody out there think I need this jacket as badly as I do? 

Because it will be AMAZING under my denim vest all summer.  So fun!

I had a blast finding spring goodies yesterday!  What have you bought for spring so far?

love, the Blair Abode





No comments:

Post a Comment