Thursday, August 1, 2013

I started...

...painting the cabinets. Yesterday I decided that any day was as good as the other for starting the project. I jumped in the car and made a stop by Sherwin William's before beginning. I decided to paint the peninsula as a trial run. This way if we are unhappy with how it looks we haven't taken drawers/cabinet doors apart and we can call in a professional. Good idea, right?

Yesterday I sanded/deglossed and primed. I sanded part of it and then I deglossed part of it.. I'm going to compare which I like better.. but I don't think I will even be able to notice a difference. Deglossing is much easier!

Here's a picture of the primed peninsula ...


Ty and I also decided yesterday that wooden countertops are what we'd like to have eventually...


How pretty are those countertops? Do any of you have wooden countertops and what is your experience with them? I'd love to know!

Wish me luck as I'm off to paint the first coat...

love, Darian

P.S. Stay tuned for a post on which materials I chose to use!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I love the wooden countertops, they look fantastic. I saw you on the link up :)

    http://www.fitnessblondie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete