Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 Goals

Happy 2014! We had an amazing Christmas filled with a lot of family time + down time. It was so nice! I'd be lying if I said I was ready to go back to work. I've seriously only worked 10 days in the last six weeks.. It all started with a week off at Thanksgiving, 5 snow days and 2 weeks off for Christmas break. I feel out of my routine and even though I'm not ready... It's time for reality again.

Our big tree and fireplace this season. I will never tire of this view and you better believe that tree is staying up until the end of January!

Our New Years was great too. We spent the evening eating Mexican food and playing games with some of our friends. It was a great way to ring in the new year. I usually don't make any real resolutions that I remember and work on throughout the year. This year I have a few things that I've been thinking about and I know there are some changes to be made! I'd like to think of them as my goals for 2014...

+ Stop. Stressing. Out. I tend to stress over a lot of things in my life... I want to work on having peace with every aspect of my life. I need to let things go and realize at the end of the day I did the best I could with what I have and let. it. go.

+ Read my Jesus Calling book each day. I love this book and I read some of it last year but my reading was very spotty. Sometimes I read it, sometimes I didn't. When I went through spells of reading it each day, what I mentioned above improved. Funny how that works.

+Spend less money on clothes/shoes and save more for house projects, school, etc. I LOVE to shop. And I won't ever quit shopping. :) With that said though, I have A LOT of clothes/shoes. I want to be content with what I have and try to be more creative with my closet. Ty and I have a few projects up our sleeve for our house and the more we save.. the faster we can do those projects!

+Start a master's program. I'd love to start this in the Fall. Part of me dreads the idea of going back to school.. but, it's now or never! I choose now!

+Remember to always count my blessings and savor time with my family. I feel like the last couple of months my heart has learned a lot about being content and positive. I've learned how good I have it and I hope I always remember to stop and be thankful for the amazing people/things I have in my life.

So, there ya have it. My hopes and dreams for 2014!

1 comment:

  1. The view of the tree and fireplace is so picturesque. :)

    ReplyDelete