Friday, April 26, 2013

The Perfect Protein Shake

So, this whole working out + eating healthy thing does something to your body. It makes you lose weight.  Well, losing weight wasn't my intention but it happened. In an effort to make sure I consume enough calories, I started adding in a protein shake. I never dreamed it would taste like something straight from heaven.

I searched the internet and combined a couple of recipes and this is what I got:

The Perfect Protein Shake


1 banana
1 cup fat-free milk
1 scoop of Peanut Butter Chocolate Whey Protein Powder (from Walmart)
1/2 TBS. peanut butter (I like the Smart Balance kind)
4 ice cubes

Put all ingredients in a blender and mix for 30 seconds.  Pour into a glass and enjoy! 
This amount filled my mason jar up perfectly to the top!

This shake tastes almost exactly like the Peanut Paradise smoothie from Tropical Smoothie. If I was blind-folded, there is no way I would be able to tell the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment