Saturday, June 1, 2013

Mexican Feast

Happy Saturday! It is stormy and gloomy outside this morning in NWA. I'm up pretty early enjoying coffee and watching the rain while Ty and Mozart sleep in. This past week was my first week of summer and it was glorious.  I really didn't do anything other than grocery shop, workout, run errands and enjoy our screened in porch. After the last crazy weeks of school... it felt so nice to just do nothing for a change. I'm thankful for this time of rest to decompose and begin getting ready for next year.

One of my favorite things to do is eat at restaurants. I think Ty and I could eat at a restaurant practically every night. I just love the atmosphere, delicious food and simplicity of it. However, we cannot eat at a restaurant every night of the week... So, our next favorite thing to do is master good Mexican food at home. I love searching the web for Mexican recipes that are lite and healthy.

Last night, we decided to stay-in and make tacos. This is the perfect meal when you're looking for something easy to serve with guests. We started the evening with a Skinny Margarita (my favorite drink) and you can find the recipe HERE... I swapped the sparkling lime out with sparkling grapefruit and I think I will try lime next time.


We made some of the best guacamole... After many attempts, I finally perfected guacamole. I could eat guacamole every.single.day. I'll be sharing the recipe soon...



You can find the Healthy Lite Chicken Taco recipe HERE. These were delicious and will definitely be made at our house all summer. They are yummy and fresh... We always use the Carb Smart Tortillas and they are only a fraction over 100 calories.





It was only Ty and I last night, but if you had guests over you could put all of the ingredients in cute bowls and make a taco bar. Stick the guac in a pretty bowl beside a basket of chips and even make a margarita station with different sparkling flavors to mix in. The skinny margaritas were okay, but I'm on the search for an even better recipe... I'll update when I find it!

I hope you all have a relaxing and happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment