Sunday, June 2, 2013

Our Favorite Guacamole

I can hardly call this recipe mine because I know you could find this same recipe somewhere out there as it is plain and simple.  I didn't refer to any recipe for this, I just started chopping things up and throwing them in the bowl. So, here's my version of the traditional guac that we all know and love. One of our favorite Mexican restaurant makes guac at the table and I used their ingredients as my inspiration.

(not the prettiest of pictures, I know)

(ingredients)

Our Favorite Guacamole

2 avocados, ripe
1/2 c. red onion, chopped
1/2 c. tomato, chopped
1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
1 lime (or more if you prefer)
1 jalapeno, chopped (if you want it spicy- we typically don't add jalapenos)
salt

1. Cut avocados in half and remove pits.  Scoop into bowl.
2. Squeeze the juice of one lime over the avocados.
3. Add red onion, tomato, cilantro and jalapeno (if desired) to avocados (we love to use a lot of tomato, onion and cilantro. we may use even more than 1/2 c. each but we do not measure. So, if you want more, add in more).
4. Sprinkle salt over mixture.
5. Using a spoon, mash ingredients together until desired consistency. We like ours more chunky so we just do a few good mashes/mixing and voila - amazing guacamole is served!

Serve with baked tostitos and you've got yourself a fairly healthy snack! We make guac at least once a week during the summer. It's perfect with this or this!

Have a happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment