Friday, June 28, 2013

My Summer Face


Am I the only one who gets sick of my daily make-up routine in the summer? It’s hot and feels like soup outside..the last thing I want to do is put on drab make-up. In the summer I always want a luminous, bright, colorful face. I also want easy because let’s be real… make-up just doesn't hold up as good when it’s hotter than blazes outside!

I typically change my make-up routine several times a month. I don’t necessarily buy new products, I just switch out and change up products I have (I’m a total product junkie… am I the only one who buys new products before my current ones ever run out? No? Yes?).

I’m currently loving some of the products I’m using at the moment. I always start with my Mary-Kay freshen spray… love this stuff!

Mary Kay® Botanical Effects® Freshen Formula 3 (Oily Skin)

It’s essentially a toner. I've heard mixed thoughts on toners, but I like mine so I use it.

I wash my face at night with this stuff and I LOVE it! It may be my favorite cleanser ever. It takes all of your make up off and leaves my face feeling squeaky clean. I’ve heard one of the best things we can do for our face is to simply wash it at night with a good, quality cleanser. Get all of your make-up off before going to bed and apply a good moisturizer. 

TimeWise Repair™ Volu-Firm™ Foaming Cleanser

After I use my toner, I rub an ice-cube all over my face to tighten everything. Call me crazy, but I read that in this month’s Cosmo and I’m on board with anything that could prevent wrinkles. Plus, during the summer…it’s a nice pick me up in the morning.

Now I’m ready to apply my SPF/Moisturizer. I stick to Aveeno for this. I am currently using this and love it. People, you need to be wearing SPF on your face every.single.day. No excuses..ever! Even in winter. The one I’m using now is SPF 70. I apply to my face, neck and back of my hands (for driving!).


Once my face is nice and fresh and complete with moisturizer, I am ready for my make-up. I always do my eye make-up first. It's just what works for me. I apply this first...It is my favorite eye primer.


Next I apply my gold Mary-Kay creme shadow. This is kind of like a primer too but it provides a nice gold base that looks pretty by itself or with other colors layered on top.

Mary Kay® Cream Eye Color

Now I'm ready for my shadow. I bought this palette from Sephora this spring. It is one of my favorite palettes that I own. I really like it for traveling too. It has great neutrals for everyday plus a few fun pops of blue that are really popular right now.


I really use every color in this compact and I do a mixture of different looks...everything from a barely there look to something much more noticeable. I highly recommend this!

After I get my eye shadow on, I apply concealer. I've been using this concealer for over a year and I really like it. It's easy to apply and I feel like for this stage in my life...it does the job. If you're looking for a really heavy coverage concealer...this may not be the one for you.

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Smoothing & Brightening Concealer

After concealer, I apply my eye-liner. I'm loving Bobbi Brown's gel eye-liner right now. It stays on ALL DAY and in this heat..that says a lot. It doesn't fall down under my eyes and it comes in the most gorgeous colors. I have the Espresso Ink color...it's a dark, dark brown. 

Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner

Now I curl my lashes (a must) and apply mascara. I've tried a bunch of different mascaras. I've tried everything from drugstore mascaras to YSL (I love YSL..always a favorite). Currently, I'm using Mary-Kay's new mascara and I have to say..It may be my favorite. It goes on super fast and I really, really like it.

Mary Kay® Lash Love® Lengthening™ Mascara

When my eyes are all done, I apply my face stuff now. I use Mary-Kay's Luminous Foundation and mix it with a little bit of illuminating face make-up from Ulta. I prefer a "glowy" look (I'm tired of matte) and I have found these two products mixed together give me that glow. I just apply with my hands (don't underestimate how well your hands/fingers can apply make-up...even eye shadows).

TimeWise® Luminous-Wear® Liquid Foundation                            +                                

Next I apply my blush and bronzer and a brightening stick. Right now I'm using a Too Faced blush that reminds me of the famous Nars blush and Mary-Kay bronzer. This is the brightening stick I use... I use it on my cheek bones and I LOVE it.


The last thing I apply is my lip color. I always start with a good chapstick (I like the Yes To Carrots lip butter- get at Target or Ulta). Right now my three favorite lip colors are these...

Sephora's Glossy Lip Pencil in Pink... I can't find this online but I purchased it in store.

Special-Edition† Beauty That Counts® Mary Kay® NouriShine Plus® Lip Gloss in Celebrate
I love this gloss for summer. It's a special edition so grab it while you can!

Yves Saint Laurent - ROUGE VOLUPTÉ - Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15

My all-time favorite lip stick. I have this one in the #1 Nude Beige. It's the best nude ever!

So, there you have it. The longest post I've ever written in my life dedicated to my make-up routine! I use a lot of different products and an assortment of brands. I love, love trying new make up and I'd love to hear what you're favorites are! Have a happy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment