Thursday, June 14, 2012

A little bit of life...

Happy Thursday, sweet readers (ok, I really don't know if I have any readers at this point- oh well)! I haven't done much blogging this week.  It's been a crazy life lately.  We are out of town every weekend this month + looking at houses + a Florida trip in a week! It's all so exciting, and I'm not complaining but I am tired. Who isn't, though? 

I've chosen to spend my summers working at an elementary aged day camp.  I love this job, and I love the people I work with.  But, I'm beginning to wonder if I have gone mad.  There are 22-26 kiddos on average everyday.  We seriously spend all day problem solving for these little minds, answering three trillion questions and breaking up a variety of arguments all. the. time.  I can't tell you how many times we hear, "He cutted."  We are all going to the same exact place.  The person who cut you is only two steps ahead of you.   I do love these sweet kids and their imaginations, but man, I am already thinking maybe I'm a little crazy... 

I'm typically a person who believes "everything happens for a reason." I still do, and I do think that God has a plan for me that far exceeds anything I can dream up for myself.  Honestly though, I'm discouraged lately on the job front.  I've said I wanted to be a teacher since I was in Kindergarten.  I never changed my mind.   It's what I have always envisioned myself doing, and I've always felt such peace with that decision.  I graduated a little over a month ago and have had three interviews.  All of which resulted in no job.  Each time, the school chose someone with experience/a teacher already employed in the district, just simply switching grade levels.  Frustrating! How can you spend four years working your tail off and doing the best you can, graduate college and then have no job?  That's where I begin to doubt the whole "everything happens for a reason" saying.  What reason is there for having no job? Especially one that you have dreamed of since you were little?  

It's such a time of doubt, and I'm really trying hard to remain optimistic.  I've always loved this quote and it seems to always bring me some encouragement...

On a happier note, Ty and I offered on a house and so far everything is going well.  We will find out tonight more information, but it sounds like we are all about to agree on something! I can't wait to show pictures of it... hopefully soon.

love, the Blair Abode

No comments:

Post a Comment