Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Turkey Day Preparation

This is my favorite time of the year.. by far.  I love the hustle and bustle, cooking for Thanksgiving and just looking forward to being with family.  Not to mention.. a five day break from school is totally needed and much appreciated.  This week at school we were in total survival mode.. just do whatever it takes to make it through the day sane.  

My Christmas shopping is in full swing and I love it.  Tomorrow before we head to Hot Springs, I am making a run to Fayetteville to visit all of my favorite local shops.  I'm looking so forward to it because I can rarely make it down to those stores.  

Tonight I made the dishes that I am responsible for this Thanksgiving.  It is kind of becoming a tradition that I make our most favorite potato dish ever.  I made them last year too and these babies are always a must.  My Nana originally made these and I can remember loving and eating these when I was little... a true family favorite.  

In case you're in the market for a potato dish this Thanksgiving, here's the recipe:

Irish Potato Casserole

8 to 10 medium potatoes, peeled (I use a 5lb. bag of gold potatoes)
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8 oz.) container of sour cream
1/2 cup butter or margarine melted
1/4 cup chopped chives
1 clove garlic, minced (I double this or use garlic powder instead)
2 teaspoons salt
Paprika

Cook potatoes in boiling water about 30 minutes or until tender.  Drain potatoes and mash.

Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.  Add potatoes and remaining ingredients except paprika; beat just until combined.  Spoon mixture into a lightly buttered casserole dish (I use 9 X 13); sprinkle with paprika.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before baking.  Uncover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.  This can also be baked immediately upon assembling dish.

Yield: 8 to 10 servings


I promise you will not be disappointed in these potatoes.. they are delish!


This little guy, Buddy, our classroom elf, made his appearance this week.  Needless to say, we are beyond excited about Buddy's arrival and he is watching us very closely to make sure we are all making good choices.  Seriously, could Buddy be any cuter? No way.

I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving and spend it with the ones you love.

love, the Blair Abode




No comments:

Post a Comment