Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July!

Our 4th was great this year! It was fairly low-key and didn't involve any fireworks.  We started the day off by sleeping in until 9:00 and it was wonderful.. I also enjoyed coffee and the Today show.  How I wish every morning could start out that way!  

Yesterday was couch shopping day! I've mentioned on the blog that we are moving, and a new couch is on the list of the things we need/want.  Thankfully the list of things we need/want is SUPER small because we were blessed with a lot of gorgeous furniture from my Momma when her and Steve got married! The couch we are using now is the couch I grew up with, and it's a great couch but I really wanted a neutral couch.  So, we took off yesterday to multiple different furniture stores.  I knew I wanted the couch be a neutral, creamy color and possibly mimic Pottery Barn's look, but for a better price!

It was so hard to choose! Of course, there were two couches that I absolutely loved and I could not decide!  Pretty much just had to end up choosing one and being done with it all... Seriously, I'm talking hours of sitting there looking at both of them.  Is that normal? Tyler had a favorite and I was so torn.  We ended up choosing Ty's favorite, and I love the decision we made! It definitely reminds me of Pottery Barn's couches.  It's very classic, traditional and will never go out of style! It will look gorgeous with all of our other furnishings/decor! 

Here is a picture of the gorgeous thing... I'm actually loving the pillows that come with it.


Looking at the pictures makes me giddy! I mean, that is beauty for a great price! We got it at Hank's & More! Those stores have SO much more than a regular Hank's.. way more brands and options!  We were impressed.  What do you guys think?

We celebrated the 4th and our new couch last night by grilling burgers & hot dogs.  I made cheese dip and corn & black bean salsa.. Yum!

love, the Blair Abode

No comments:

Post a Comment