Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Social: Vacations

Good Morning! Today, I'm trying a new link-up.  Check out Neely's blog - she's one of the girls who started the link-up! 


This week's questions are all about vacations! What a fun one to start with..

Best trip you've ever been on

I have been so fortunate growing up.  My family and I took a vacation together every summer! 
I will have to say the best trip that I have been on was Ty and I's honeymoon! 

We went to Cancun! My favorite place on Earth is anywhere tropical.  That was our first time to leave the States.  It was breathtakingly beautiful! I cannot even describe how relaxing, gorgeous and down-right fun it was.


The view from the middle of the resort.  Every morning Ty and I would begin our day with their HUGE breakfast buffet.  It was a all-inclusive resort.. TOTALLY the way to go for a honeymoon! 


Here was our view at breakfast every morning! Did I mention the weather was perfect? It wasn't even hot.. But warm enough to swim and lay on the beach all day.. everyday.. and that is exactly what we did!



Because it was all-inclusive.. They bring you drinks all day! They come down to the beach and pool...you can order whatever you want & they will deliver it!  They had seven restaurants on the property.  They were all delicious! The only time we left the resort was to go snorkeling over a coral reef... Which was by far the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

We are already dreaming of going back.. Maybe for our 2-year anniversary!

Best idea for a girls weekend trip

Hands down, Kansas City, Missouri.  My aunt did a consulting job there and that is when we discovered it.  Seriously, one of the neatest places ever! SO many good restaurants and shops.   Our favorite place to go is Nell Hill's.  Your life will never be the same once you discover Nell Hill's!  My Mom, Aunt and I have made this our tradition. :)


The country club plaza at night during Christmas season! I couldn't find any of my KC pictures on this computer, so I snagged this one from the net.

This Fall, my aunt, mom and I are going to Napa and San Francisco.  I have a feeling this will take the spot of 'best girls trip' .. We are SO excited!!

Best idea for a couples trip

I really love going to the beach.  I think a beach trip is a perfect couples trip, or any trip for that matter.  My favorite place to go...


I have to add in the fact that I have spent many summers at Rosemary Beach, FL & other places along the Gulf with my family.  These are some of my best memories.  

Best vacation on the cheap

I would say any vacation can be done reasonable as long as it isn't too far away. Ty and I recently did a trip to Branson, MO and it was really a good weekend trip.  We spent the day at a Water Park, eating yummy food and saw The Dixie Stampede.  Also, I've heard Table Rock Lake is beautiful although I have never been there...

A few trips that Ty and I would like to do on a long weekend is Chicago and D.C... Those are two of my favorite cities! 


My great aunt, Cis, my momma, myself and my aunt,Tam in Chicago on a girls trip.
Chicago is another wonderful girls trip!


The National Cathedral in D.C.

Place you most want to visit

I'd love to go to Tahiti...


Or Fiji...


Vacation/Travel necessities

I think this depends on where you are going. 
I have to take all of my cosmetics and toiletries no matter where I go...
And I love to take my favorite out-fits on trips! 



Go on over to Neely's blog and link-up! I'd love to hear your vacation stories.

love, the Blair Abode



1 comment:

  1. Cancun seems so fun!

    come say hello at nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete