Sunday, July 8, 2012

How Is Tomorrow Already Monday?

I think I ask myself that question every. single. Sunday night...
How do the weekends go by so fast? The weeks drag on and on and on!
Our weekend was so incredibly wonderful.. It was the first weekend we had been home since May.  
That is a long time.  

I'm really sorry that this post will not have any pictures.  All of sudden my phone is not e-mailing pictures.  I have e-mailed so many pictures to myself and NONE of them are showing up.  I'm going to have to transition to carrying my camera around.  But, for now here's a picture-less post...

Friday night we just layed around, watched a movie and I fell asleep on the couch.  Saturday morning we started off with coffee and then a AWESOME trip to the Farmer's Market in Bentonville.  The Farmer's Market is set up downtown at the square. SO cute.  There are tons of booths.. fresh fruit/veggies, flowers, breads, pastries, fresh lemonade, snack stands, jewelry, crafts, decorations and way more.  We took Mozart with us, and he loved it. There were a lot of dogs there having a blast!  We bought some jalapeno jam and I got a cute head band/wrap.  Going to the Farmer's Market made me fall in love with where we live. I love it more and more anyway, but really, the square looks like something out of a movie. 

Saturday night we hung out with our friends and it was so good to see them all! It had been way too long since Ty and I had been gone every weekend lately.  We ate at Louie's Bar and Grill and it was super yummy.  They had fried pickles.. and that's a win in my book. We will definitely be going back!

Today, we slept in because we got home super late last night.  We were pretty lazy this morning, but then we met Ty's parents at Maria's for Mexican.  It's always a hit with us.. we love it!  We spent some time with Ty's parents at their house and then headed home for a night of packing.  Tons of packing happened and I feel like we are making great progress considering we are a little less than a month out.. feeling productive! Speaking of which...

I hate packing. 
Does anyone else feel the same way?
I mean, there is no easy way to pack.. there really isn't.
I don't care how organized you are.. it's just dreadful.
I wish someone would just come into our house and totally pack us up! I tell ya what, after we move into this house, you can bet your bottom dollar I'm not going anywhere for a long time.
This is our second time to move in 10 months..that should be a sin.

Even though most of the places in our town-home are way usually organized.. moving is a good opportunity to throw away/get rid of/donate things/products you aren't using.
 Like for instance, I think I had 4543215 bottles of lotion in our bathroom. I assure they were all standing pretty in a cute bin, but really? That's too many. It's kind of obnoxious.  
So, I painfully said good-bye to several bottles of lotion that I have been moving around for years.. It was time.  Still, I don't need to buy lotion for a lonnnggg time.  Let's see if I remember that!

I also said good-bye to some make-up I've been hanging onto.  It's hard throwing away things that aren't empty, but if I haven't used it in over a year...it's time to let that baby go.  So, all in all.. our bathroom had a major de-clutter today.. It makes me happy! 

Funny story: We've been de-cluttering and getting rid of things/clothes that are really old/too small for about a month now..anticipating this move.  I've had tons of stuff to donate, but I have noticed that when it's time to donate.. I tend to want to donate Ty's stuff first.  Hah! 
Poor hubs.. He's a trooper! 

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and hopefully I can figure out this picture thing. I have tons of great pictures from our trip waiting to be shared.. :)

love, the Blair Abode

No comments:

Post a Comment