Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Social

Happy Sunday, readers! I haven't been blogging much this week at all. We've been doing a lot of packing and other things around the house to get ready for our move.  Close to one week left before our move and we are so ready.


I have been doing a lot of wardrobe thinking lately.  I'm searching the stores and the web deciding what pieces I want to add to my wardrobe for work.  I didn't add tons to my wardrobe for Internship because I knew I would want to do that when I was actually hired.  I'm trying to find some key, transitional pieces that are trendy and professional.

I have purchased a few items lately, and I will continue to add a few pieces at a time.  I do not want to add too much 'summery' clothes (because I always go crazy for fall clothes), but I do need some!  This heat has got to go.  I mean, really! It is so bad.
This week, we took the kiddies on a field trip to the Train Depot.  It was neat to tour, but all outdoors and partly on train cars that are not air-conditioned.  No. Thank. You.

Because of many incidents like this and profusely sweating all summer, I decided to add skirts to my wardrobe.  Best decision ever.
Skirts seem to be really big right now.   Not that they are ever out, but I'm seeing them everywhere! I've added three basic skirts to my closet.   
The three skirts I chose were a black pencil, a white skirt and a color blocking skirt with black and tan.  I'd still like to add a colored pencil or a pleated skirt. The black pencil is from Banana Republic and is a great length.  The white and color block skirt are from Loft, and are perfect length for work too.


I also ordered this skirt from Old Navy this week online.. They didn't have it in the stores! After 25% off it was only $13.  Yes, please!  {You can use the code ONSAVE25 until 7/30 for 25% off at Old Navy}.


I am so in love with Chevron!



This will be so cute with a black or white tee and nude wedges!


Today, I'm going to link up for Sunday Social...


1. What is your dream job?
A teacher.  I have said I wanted to be a teacher since I was in Kindergarten.  It's like I just knew from the beginning that's what I would do.  I loved watching my teachers in school.. totally loved it.  I couldn't wait for the day when I was the teacher.  Dream. Accomplished.


2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time?
Well, like I said in #1 I've always wanted to a teacher.  So, I would still be a teacher.  But, you better believe I'd shop, shop and shop!  Hubs and I would also travel every chance we got!

3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A teacher. Read more in my #1 answer above.


4. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
I'm about to begin my first year as a teacher.  I just graduated college this past May 2012.  So, technically I am the one just starting out in the field.  But, what has definitely paid off so far during college and interviewing is hard-work and dedication. Follow your dreams.


Well, that's all I'm answering today, folks! Have a happy Sunday and a wonderful week ahead.   We are closing on our house Wednesday and I have my first team meeting this week.. Exciting!


love, the Blair Abode

No comments:

Post a Comment