Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blogger 411!

Happy Tuesday! Today, I'm linking up with my new favorite blogger, From Mrs. to Mama.  Not that I know her or anything, but seriously, go read her blog.  You will be hooked.  Every time I log onto blogger and I see that she has a new post, I get way excited!  She is really down-to-earth and has the cutest little girl!

The link up she created is all about getting to know fellow bloggers.  What a good idea.  I'm so nosy, and I cannot wait to dig through everyone's 411.  Go link up and share all about yourself...

So, here we go.

Questions:

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?

I have been blogging since April 2012.  Only three short months.  I found a few blogs on Pinterest and all of these blogs were organizing, DIY, decorating, life-style blogs.  I LOVED reading them, still do. Everyday.  I couldn't get enough of all of these awesome ideas.  I was inspired.  I began organizing our town-house even more, and I wanted to share this awesome life of mine with others.  Others that were just like me.  Because who doesn't love an organized life?  I have learned so much by reading blogs.  My blog has shifted to more daily happenings posts, but we are in the process of moving.  So, not much going on around the Abode.  But, I promise, once we move.. we have some fun ideas I will be sharing. :)

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?

Yes, I went to Arkansas Tech University in Russellville, Arkansas.  I graduated May 2012. I know, I'm a baby.  I majored in Early Childhood Education, and I am Arkansas Certified to teach Pre-K through 4th grade.  Lucky me, I live in the most competitive part of Arkansas for teaching positions.  I have shed thousands of tears over not having a job yet.  But, I refuse to be knocked down... I will have a successful career. I just don't know when that will start... Pray with me that it is soon.

3. Where have you traveled? 

I have been to the Gulf coast countless of times: Rosemary Beach, Santa Rosa, Destin, etc! Disney World, Chicago, D.C., Hawaii, Cancun, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Carlsbad Caverns, San Antonio, St. Louis, Colorado, Kansas City and other places in the U.S. 

Mexico is the only other country I have been to outside of the U.S.

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?

I would pay off the house that Ty and I are in the process of buying.  Because we all dream of not having a mortgage, right? 

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?

1. I cannot. stand. the feel. of cotton balls. It gives me chills.  Cotton in my mouth, seriously I might die thinking about it.  2. People who are in customer service jobs that are rude. I mean, get a different job if you do not like interacting with people.  3. Not getting out of the box.

6. What is your favorite movie?

That one is really hard for me.  I'm not the biggest movie person in the world.  Sure, I love watching a good movie, but a movie isn't my activity of choice.  I love romantic comedies.  But, I don't think I have an all-time favorite movie...

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?

I am totally addicted to sodas.  My choice sodas are Coke and Dr. Pepper.  I love them. so. much.  Tea is next.. I am crazy about tea. Ty's parents make the best sweet tea.  At restaurants, I either get coke or tea.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?

Shopping.  Shopping is so therapeutic for me.  If I'm having a bad day or upset about something, shopping will seriously put me in a good mood.  I love reading, cooking (only if I can do so leisurely- I hate rushed nights in the kitchen trying to come up with something for dinner) and eating out with my family/hubs!

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?

Wow.  You're asking someone who loves to shop to only pick one store? Torture.  Because we are in the process of buying a house.. I think I will pick Nell Hill's.  

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.

I'm so bad when I try to think of embarrassing moments.  I know that I have had embarrassing moments, but they are so hard for me to think of.   I can never think of any.. I try to not get embarrassed easily, but I know I have some.  Ok, I thought of one.  Not the most embarrassing in the world, but embarrassing nonetheless.  I was working at Pier 1 Imports one night, several years back.  Well, I don't know how I did this, but I ripped the back of the pants.  Not a little rip.  A huge rip.  Like, so bad that you need to immediately go home or change pants because everyone is about to see your butt.  Well, you cannot exactly just leave work because you ripped your pants? So, we had to wear these little blue aprons while working.  I had to take my apron off and tie it around myself backwards so that no one would see my ripped pants.  I'm literally laughing as I type this.  That was hilarious.   Can you imagine seeing someone working at Pier 1 with their apron on backwards??

11. What day would you love to relive again?

Our wedding.  Our wedding and wedding day was a total blast.  I loved every minute of it.  I'd love to be able to just do it all over again.  Of course, getting to relive Cancun again would be nice too.





12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?

That is a hard one. I think I'll just talk about my favorite two actresses. I love Rachel McAdams.  She is truly beautiful and I love every movie she is in.  I don't resemble her in any way, but I just love her.  I also love Jennifer Lawrence.  I mean, how tough is she? I'm not that tough.  But, she is so frickin gorgeous and humble.. I just cannot help but love her!

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?

I worked several summers in high school babysitting.  I would find a job where I was able to babysit the same kids everyday, all summer.  It was a great first job.  I worked at Perkins Restaurant as a waitress, Pier 1 Imports as a Sales Associate, and now as I'm waiting on that teaching job I work at a daycare/pre-school.

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.

These questions are making me feel really young.  I just graduated college two months ago. But, here is a picture of Hubby and I on graduation... 


...Who invented the graduation hats? Seriously? Who?

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?

Please take me to Fiji, Bora Bora, Tahiti, etc.  I have always wanted to go somewhere like that.  Somewhere so tropical. I've been to Hawaii and I'd LOVE to go back.. So I might pick Hawaii too.  There are so many places in Hawaii that I didn't get to see the first time that I'm dying to see.



16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you. 

Here's a picture of my Hubby and I on vacation in Rosemary Beach, FL. last month...


I love this man.  I'm blessed to spend my days with him.  He knows me so. well. He is selfless, loving and calm.  Is he real? Because he's perfect.  And, so funny.   I cannot wait to see this guy as a Dad.  It will probably be more than my heart can take.  

17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?

I see myself being a Teacher.  I see myself having completed a Master's degree in Education- something to do with administration.  I see Hubby and I being new parents.  With a precious baby Blair.  Oh, I cannot wait for that Baby Blair.  I already love our future kids, and I already think of them.  What will they be like?  What will they look like?  Cute as I don't know what, that's for sure!

love, the Blair Abode



No comments:

Post a Comment