Friday, July 6, 2012

What's on my mind...

Happy Friday! I'm so glad it's the weekend.  Having the 4th off really made Thursday and Friday a challenge for getting motivated.  This weekend Ty and I have plans to pack, pack and more pack.  We had intended on starting our packing process about a week ago but you know how that goes! 

The people we are buying the house from are really the sweetest ever.  Very thoughtful and we feel blessed to be buying from them.  They are really going the extra mile to make our whole process great.  For instance, last night we went over there because there were a few places we needed their signature.  They have already started taking things off the walls and patching the holes.  How nice is that?  They have all of the paint colors in the garage, along with extra paint in each color.  Extra tiles and baseboards they are going to leave.  We are so glad we have found this house.. it's a perfect first home!

The wall colors are the perfect shade of neutral.. it's definitely a color that I would have chosen myself.  I do not want to paint any of the main parts of the house or the guest rooms.  I am considering painting the master bedroom though.  I have always loved a light, airy blue.  Our bedding is all white, and I'm totally envisioning how pretty that would be!  I started picking up a few paint swatches for fun and here's my favorite so far...

Behr's Tide Pools - the middle color!

Here is a couple pictures of our bedding...


We have two of these lamps


I also have a mirrored night stand that I am getting from Hot Springs when we move, and a gorgeous silver chair and mirror.  I'm totally loving the blue with all of these things.  I'm trying to find someone who isn't a contractor to paint.  We don't have tons to spend on painting, and I'm NOT a DIY..at all.

What do you guys think of the Tide Pools color? I'd love to hear your thoughts! Have a happy weekend!

love, the Blair Abode

No comments:

Post a Comment