Thursday, May 31, 2012

Our Junk Cabinet

Please excuse these horrible pictures.  You would never know that I have a really nice camera.  A nikon D3100, to be exact.  But, let's be honest, it's way easier to snap a picture on my phone and send it on to instagram. I promise I am going to try really hard to stop using my iPhone for blogging pictures.

Most people have a junk drawer in their kitchen or near by, right? Well, due to our kitchen cabinet/drawer layout... we didn't really have a good spot for a junk drawer.  But, we do have this narrow, little cabinet by the fridge that is perfect for a junk spot.  It has three shelves and not a whole lot of space on any of the shelves.  When we first moved in the cabinet was a disaster.  Piles of mail. Medicine. Measuring cups. {I do not have a "before" picture because I wasn't even considering blogging when I organized this space. Sorry!}


Anyway...on to the good stuff. Pictures!

+Here she is.  See, not really all that big and pretty narrow.

+A far away shot of the three shelves post organization.  This cabinet makes me smile, and I feel like I'm in a classroom when I look at it. 

+A close up of the top shelf.  The clips tin has paperclips and binder clips. The marker tin is really self explanatory, and the crayons are tucked in there by the markers.

+Middle shelf close up.  The office bin has stamps, checks and labels.  The letters bin has anything we would need to right a letter/thank you note.  Including envelopes.  My blue journal propped beside the letters tin is what I make my grocery lists in, and I have stashed eating related coupons by the journal {We do not get very many eating related coupons so that works for us}.

+The bottom shelf has a glass square vase holding pens, pencils and scissors.  The coins tin has spare change and the notes bin has note pads and sticky notes.

This space is totally a life saver for us! It hasn't even gotten 'junky' one time since organizing it.  I really wish you could have seen the before! Trust me, it was yucky.  Even if you do not have a drawer that would work for stashing these kind of things, find a small space that will do the trick!

love, the Blair Abode

No comments:

Post a Comment