Friday, July 12, 2013

Our Story

We celebrated 2 years of marriage in May...

... I know, I know... Two years isn't really all that long to be married. Really, it's such a short amount of time. We don't have kids, nothing crazy has happened to us... just two pretty awesome years of marriage. BUT, you learn a lot about yourself and each other in those normal, everyday situations. I love to think back on the past several years and remember all of the good times we've had. I realized I've never really shared our story on the blog and I know this will be a post I enjoy reading over and over... So, here goes...


This was our first picture together. This was taken in my dorm room my sophomore year of college during the fall of 2009. We are such young pups here (actually, we're still young pups)... I'm 19 and Ty is 21 in this picture. WEIRD! Ty and I met in college while I was a sophomore and he was a senior. We spotted each other at the end of my freshman year and his junior year. I really don't think we thought much about it all summer though. But, when we went back to school in the fall...I was into him and he seemed into me too. We began to always be in the same place. We hung out several different times in large groups and then one time he asked me if he could walk me back to my dorm. I agreed and on that walk he asked for my number. Several days later we went to Starbucks and that's where it all began...


We went to a Banquet together December 2009. This was one of the first bigger things we went to together...We had been dating for about 2 months. I remember being really excited about this night.. This was also the night that Tyler told me he loved me. Funny story: At the banquet, I said something to Tyler.. I don't even remember what it was... BUT, Tyler thought I had told him I loved him. Boyfriend knows I wouldn't say that first, but he still thinks that's what I said... and for the record, I DIDN'T say it first.


This was a picture taken the weekend we got engaged. We got engaged in August of 2010. I was just about to start my junior year of college and Ty had just started his first "grown up" job about 2 hours away from my college. That junior year of college was really hard on me.. I mean, not so hard in retrospect... BUT, at the time it felt torturous. My fiance' was 2 hours away, my mom and family were 2 hours away, I was in a single dorm room... I felt really alone and I was never more excited for a school year to end.



Our wedding day. After 9 months of being engaged, we were WAY excited when our big day arrived. It was perfect. Our families did everything they possibly could to give us our dream wedding... and we got it. I want to do it all over again... I'd love to be able to live through that day over and over again.







We honeymooned in Cancun, Mexico. It was so much fun.. We took Tequila shots like it was our JOB and drank margs like they were water. Oh, the memories... some of which I'll take to my grave! What happens in Cancun... Stays in Cancun. I think we need to go to Cancun again, do you??!!


A couple of weeks after getting home from Cancun.. we brought home this little boy. I mean, does it get any cuter than that?! We've loved our baby Mozart like no other. We've spoiled him rotten and we cannot picture life without him. The three of us... we're as close as you can be.


Here we are... two years later.. loving life, loving each other, working grown up jobs (I'm a 2nd grade teacher and Ty is an electrical designer). We've bought our first home, built a screened in porch, laughed together, cried (I've cried.. Tyler hasn't shed one single tear) together, eaten a TON of Mexican food, drank too much together (margaritas..they get us every time), we've had our ups and downs. There's no one I'd rather go through life with. He has become my rock these past two years. He calms me down and makes me a better person. 
Here's to 99 more years together... and A LOT of fun.

love, Darian

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Five On Friday and you've got me hooked!
    Congrats on 2 years! And your wedding day hair is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What sweet words.. Thank you!! I appreciate it! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you stick around! :)

      Delete