Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Beach Essentials

Beach Essentials

Beach Essentials by darianblair featuring beach flip flops
*click on the links above to see where I found each item*

No matter where I go on a trip... I always over pack. Always. I do a little better when I make some kind of list to keep me focused on what I really want to bring. Since Tyler and I will be leaving for the beach in a few days, I decided to create some inspiration for myself and share it with all of you!

I didn't number all of the items because that would have been just a crazy amount of numbers, but I will still discuss some of the items pictured above! Several of these items I actually own and a few of them simply represent the type of clothing I will be bringing... make sense? :)

Tops: I chose four different tops listed above. A white and black tank, cute tee and a patterned tank... These kind of tops can be mixed and matched very easily. Mixing and matching is very important because you can create a lot of different outfits without bringing too terribly much. For instance: The white/black tanks can go with any of the bottoms and the skull tank will go with the black maxi and the denim.

Another for instance: Pair the black tank with the denim cut offs, wedges and fedora. The wedges and fedora add a fun element to the outfit vs. simple and plain.

Bottoms: I chose four different options: denim cutoffs, boyfriend jeans, black maxi skirt and a tie-dye maxi skirt. All of these options are comfortable and SO versatile. I will also add in a white and colored pair of shorts to my suitcase.. This will give even more options.

Shoes: I'm going to try my VERY hardest to not bring 1,289 pairs of shoes. It would be GREAT if I could really only bring 3 pairs.. but, I'm not making any promises. I will for sure be bringing the wedges pictured above, a cute pair of flat sandals and of course..flip flops.

Accessories: I love a good, neutral fedora, aviators and a gold necklace. You can pair those three things with ANY outfit and it instantly takes your outfit from good to great! I also plan on throwing in a couple of bracelets for staking.

Swimsuit/Cover-Up: My sweet aunt got me an L-Space fringe swimsuit this season and I'm IN LOVE. My favorite swimsuit ever... You cannot go wrong with a fringe two-piece... you just cannot. I love the black romper cover-up. It'd be easy to get into and could also double as a going out to eat outfit with those wedges... versatile.

Undergarments: I'm all about lacy undergarments right now. I love this pink lacy bralette from Victoria's Secret. I have the same one in a bright coral and the colors are FABBY. Think about it... You can add a lacy bralette under any solid or patterned tank and it adds so much to your outfit... A lacy bralette is adorbs peeking out from under your favorite t's and tanks. Another plus... comfy!

Beach Bag: I plan on doing a separate post about packing your beach bag but I thought I would still throw it in on beach essentials because you CANNOT go to the beach without a cute beach tote. Of course, you must take sunscreen in your beach bag.. everything else that goes in there... will be discussed tomorrow!

I tell you what.. Creating a list of beach essentials is hard for someone who naturally wants to bring her whole closet to the beach. I think this board will help me when I pack and remind me that a few good basics mixed with fun options will allow me to create so many outfits.

Tell me, what do you think of my essentials? What would you put on your list? I'd love to hear from you!

Have a happy Tuesday!

love, Darian

No comments:

Post a Comment