Sunday, July 14, 2013

Our Weekend

Ty and I had a great weekend. We relaxed the entire weekend in some way or another.. those are always the best weekends. Friday night I cooked this for dinner and it was great. I think Tyler likes it better than I do but it is definitely tasty!

This is my life every night at bedtime...


He lays as close as he possibly can to my face... it's precious! 

Saturday morning we slept in and then headed to the pool at the gym....


We've had gorgeous weather in NWA all weekend.. sunny and warm. The humidity hasn't been terribly high either which is a huge plus! 

We went out to eat Saturday night at Johnny Brusco's. We really like their pizza and any night that I don't have to cook is my favorite night! 


Side note: I love, love, love fedoras! They are PERFECT for hot days (actually they are perfect for any day). I like to wear my hair in a low, messy bun during the summer months with my fedoras. In the fall/winter I like to wear my hair down and wavy with my fedoras. I've heard so many people say they cannot wear hats and I just want you all to know.. you CAN wear hats. Trust me. Sure, getting used to yourself in a fedora may take a couple of times wearing one but once you do... You will fall in love..over and over again.

Sunday morning we slept in again and got ready for church. We visited a church that we had visited once before a couple of weeks ago and we really enjoyed it again. Hubs and I have slacked the last year on finding a church home... bad hubs and wife. We are back at it though and really enjoying this place we are visiting!

After church I hit up the pool again for the afternoon and we finished off our evening with a snow shake. What's a snow shake you ask? Only the best dessert EVER! If you live in NWA...listen up... There's a snow cone stand near downtown rogers called The Frozen Coconut. They have all of the regular shaved ice and flavors that you're used to, but they also have snow shakes. A snow shake is a snow cone blended with cream and other yummy flavors/ingredients to create the most perfect dessert. Our personal favorites are the Iced Cinnamon Roll, Blackberry Cobbler A La Mode, Snickerdoodle Cookie and Apple Pie A La Mode... See what I mean? Total deliciousness!!

Tonight I tried the Blackberry Cobbler and it is now one of my favorites...


Our weekend was great and the real countdown to our Florida trip begins now... 5 DAYS!

Let me leave you with this...


Have a good week!!

love, Darian


Today I linked up with Sami's Shenanigans for my weekend recap! 

Sami's Shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment