Monday, July 8, 2013

My Top 5 Hair Products

I think I've read every single hair tutorial about beachy waves out there. Beachy waves are my absolute favorite hairstyle. They are easy and I've always preferred a messy look when it comes to hair. I have extremely thick, course hair that has a lot of wave/curl to it so beachy waves make life simple for me. I think simple is important... no matter what. I read this post on beachy hair and I think it's my fav (I love how she talks about embracing your hair... whether that's wave, straight, curl.. whatever).

I got to thinking about my own hair routine. I try A LOT of products! I have tons of hair products in my bathroom right now. I usually switch up my products a lot and don't typically use the same ones unless I just love it. I always use the same shampoo and conditioner that I mentioned here. Lately I've noticed that I have been using the exact same products each time I wash/style my hair. These are what I consider my "can't live without" hair stuff. If I could only have 5 bottles of stuff in my bathroom... this is what I'd pick!

Note: I always wash my hair at night and I wash it twice a week. This usually happens on Sundays and Thursdays. Those days seem to work the best for me. Before washing my hair, I brush it with a paddle brush and after washing my hair, I comb it with a wide tooth comb and proceed with the following products (in order of when I apply them):

I tried this about 6 months ago and it's a must. My hair tangles so, so easily and I have to use a detangler when I comb it after my shower. I love that this is a detangler plus the benefits of an oil. I can tell a difference in my hair since using this.

Dove Hair Therapy, Nourishing Oil Care, Detangler

After combing my hair, I always apply this mousse. This is from the Wella Brilliance line for course, colored hair. It smells delicious, it's lightweight and I think it helps set my hair for any style.



After I apply the mousse, I always spray my hair down with this. I spray quite a bit into my hair and then scrunch my hair with my hands. This spray locks in curls and helps boost curls/waves. I've tried every drugstore curl spray and this one is always my favorite!


After I apply those three products, I stop. I finish up my nightly routine and start heading towards bed. I may watch a T.V. show or gather my things for the next day. I like to have about 30 minutes to an hour awake and up while my hair begins to dry. After that, I go to sleep with my hair down and still damp. Most people are mortified that I go to sleep with my hair wet and claim they could never do that. Try it, use these products and try it... It just may work.

Once I wake up and am ready to style my hair I apply this. Who knew Bath and Body Works had beach hair mist? I've tried about 425 beach mists and I really like this one. I have a few others that I like as well but this smells so delicious that I've decided it's my favorite.

I spray this all over my hair and scrunch with my fingers. Beach spray adds texture, boosts waves and gives you some volume. I love it!
Malibu Heat Beach Waves Hair Mist - Signature Collection - Bath & Body Works
That's all I do... My hair is finished and I'm ready to head out the door.. If needed, I will add a few curls to spots that may be too straight or need some volume. I use a 1 in. curling iron for this (this only takes about 2 minutes - I literally may add just a few).

I finish with a spray of my favorite hair spray... This hairspray is light, workable and perfect for hair that isn't washed daily as it doesn't leave a residue in your hair.


My favorite part of this hair routine is that it doesn't require any heat. I don't have to dry, curl or straighten it... I think this style holds up best during the summer heat/humidity too.. I snapped a picture last week after I finished my hair and this is what it looks like...



What are your favorite hair products? Have a happy Monday!

love, the Blair Abode

No comments:

Post a Comment